Animal Health Worker provides preventive health care, assistance in contagious disease control and basic first aid services to farm animal and poultry, mostly in the outdoor setting. He / she also play a role in veterinary extension, disaster management and other environmental, public health related service.
An Animal Health Worker should have a mind for science, belongingness to the community, compassion for animals, good leadership, and communication and observation skills. He / she should be physically strong and have manual dexterity to perform on the job.
A skilled Animal Health worker is expected to carry out following roles :
- Introduction to Animal Husbandry
- Controlling & Restraining of Animals
- Implementing regular preventive animal health care program
- Veterinary first aid
- Assisting government agencies in animal disease control
- Assisting in veterinary extension services
- Assisting in animal welfare, breed conservation and disaster management
- Implementation of animal breeding services in farm animals
Veterinary Clinical Assistant assists veterinarians in veterinary service delivery mostly in indoor setting such as Pet clinics, hospitals organized farms and laboratories. They play role in preventive and curative care, besides other responsibilities related to hospital/practice management, drug dispensing and animal welfare.
||AHW(Animal Health Worker)
||VCA(Veterinary Clinical Assistant)
||VFA(Veterinary Field Assistant)
||Poultry Farm Worker
Job Prospects and Career Opportunities :
- Veterinary clinics (as helpers)
- Animal farms
- Relevant Government departments
- Farm houses
- SALES REPRESENTATIVE: Knowledge of animal health biological and pharmaceutical products. Sales experience and/or experience within the Animal Health industry.
- WILD LIFE ATTENDANT: Participates in animal health checks, grooming, capturing and restraining for the well-being of wildlife.
- TERRITORYMANAGER/DEALER: Experience selling animal health products to animal feed stores, agriculture stores and/or hardware stores is highly preferred.
- VETERINARY OFFICER: Plan, prepare and execute the veterinary components
- FARM MANAGERS, VETERINARY TECHNICIANS, VETERINARY SURGEON ….
- Veterinary assistant.
- Laboratory animal caretaker.
- Veterinary technicians.
- Animal control worker.
- Conservation and forest technicians.